Immerse yourself in the splendour of the Mountains of Sintra. The exoticism and variety of plant life make this not just one forest but three combined into a single ecosystem. Step out into an environment where local species live side-by-side with flora from all over the world, take a deep breath and feel the purity of this special mountain air.
This is a close contact experience on a trail through each of these forests, stopping at a dolmen which is more than 4,000 years old, where you'll be able to sit down to a picturesque picnic and take in a simply superb view. After hiking through the magnificent cedar forest, you can discover the incredible Peninha Sanctuary with all its medieval austerity, visit the Chapel of St. Saturnino and end in style with a climb to the top of Monte da Lua from where you can enjoy some amazing views.
An experience of a lifetime, a memory to stay with you forever.
What is Included:
- Pick up and drop off at hotel
- Hiking Poles
- Civil liability and personal accident insurance
- Crossing of the 3 forests
- Stop for a picnic (afternoon tea)
- Hike to Peninha Sanctuary and the Chapel of St. Saturnino
- Reservations: Minimum of 48 hours in advance. Always subject to availability.
- Cancellations: Minimum of 24 hours in advance.
- Not recommended for children under the age of 8.
- Wear casual clothes and comfortable footwear.
- Take sunglasses and sun screen.
- Take a warm jacket, even when the weather is good.
For further information contact us:
Tivoli Palácio de Seteais Sintra Hotel
Tel: (+351) 219 233 200
Tivoli Sintra Hotel
Tel: (+351) 219 237 200