Many writers, chroniclers and travellers have sung the praises of the aura and mysticism of Sintra. Their passion for this unique setting has ranged from the alluring blue of the sky and sea to the captivating beauty of the mountains. This is why we have chosen the perfect scenario for an exclusive experience. Imagine yourself on a horse drawn carriage ride through the Sintra Mountains with that special someone by your side in is a place where the Countess of Edla bid farewell to King Fernando II every night. During the trip, you'll be able to lift the veil on many secrets through visits to former palaces and iconic monuments. Stop off for a break and enjoy a stylish picnic designed exclusively for this experience. Your table will be personalized by our butler and nature will be providing the perfect backdrop.
The route starts at Palácio de Seteais where you board a horse drawn carriage which will head through the mountains to Capuchos Convent and a guided visit to the Chalet of the Countess of Edla. This chalet was built in the second half of the XIX century by King Fernando II and his future wife, Elise Hensler, also known as the Countess of Edla. The picnic will be in the exotic gardens of the chalet which have one of the most beautiful collections of plants, both native and from all over the world. Savour this unique atmosphere and feel part of this special love story.
What is Included:
- Horse drawn carriage ride through the Sintra Mountains
- Trip out to the mountains for a picnic with a panoramic view and far from the crowd
- Special menu made by our Chef
- Bottle of champagne - Perrier-Jouet
- Picnic with a butler service
- Entrance ticket + Countess D’Edla Chalet and garden guide
- Return to the hotel by horse drawn carriage
Palace Picnic Menu:
- Chicken pie
- Pheasant and partridge terrine
- Niçoise tuna salad (Verrine)
- Country bread, roast beef, Alsace mustard, baked tomatoes and rocket
- Old fashioned duck risotto
- Tropical fruit salad
- Orange cake
- Traditional Sintra pastries
- Drinks: Champagne Perrier–Jouet and freshly squeezed juices
- Reservations: 24 hours in advance. Always subject to availability.
- Cancellations: 48 hours in advance.
- Recommendations: Wear casual clothes and comfortable footwear. Take sun screen.
- Pick up and drop off at hotel.
- Available a veggie menu.
- This experience will not be available during bad weather.
For further information please contact:
Tivoli Palácio de Seteais Sintra Hotel
Tel: (+351) 219 233 200