A genuine adventure on a traditional fisherman's wooden boat with live experience of ancient skills and secrets.
A unique experience and an opportunity to spend the day with a local clam picker on his daily routine. The activity takes place in the heart of the natural park of Ria Formosa, a protected lagoon for different species of fauna and flora. Guided by a local experienced skipper/fisherman and a Portuguese water dog, you will learn the old ways of clam and razor clam picking, along with some other curiosities. During the tour, you will stop at an oyster farm to taste the oysters directly from the producer, paired with a refreshing glass of white wine.
- Private boat charter for up to four
- Clam digging equipment
- Oyster and wine tasting on board
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Offer is subject to availability at the time of booking.
- Starting point: Faro island - ferry boat pier.
- Children: complimentary up to six years old.
- Offer is for GHA DISCOVERY member and up to three guests. For more occupants, please ask for a supplement per person.
- Reservation is required.
- Other terms and conditions may apply based on hotel and government regulations.
- Cancellations: Full charge in case cancellation policy does not comply.
- The GHA DISCOVERY programme is governed by terms and conditions that can be found here.