Set off on a voyage of discovery through the emblematic streets which have marked the history of Fado, the Portuguese music that has inspired generations and tells the stories of the famous Lisbon neighbourhoods. Discover Mouraria, a neighbourhood forgotten by many, which was the home of Maria Severa, the mother of Fado. Climb the hill to the castle and stroll the streets of Alfama, where song and stories combine to make one of Portugal's purest forms of culture. A guided walk through the most traditional neighbourhoods of Lisbon, with Fado as the theme and background music.
What is included:
- Meet with guide at door of hotel
- Places visited: Mouraria, Castelo and Alfama
- Includes tasting of cherry liqueur and a glass of wine in the Castle Winebar
- Includes guide and information
- Reservations: 24 hours in advance. Always subject to availability.
- Cancellations: 48 hours in advance.
- Languages spoken: Portuguese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Dutch and Romanian.
- Casual clothes and footwear.
- Take a warm jacket, even when the weather is good.
For further information, contact us:
Tivoli Oriente Lisboa Hotel
Tel: (+351) 213 591 000